Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

Forums Pre-Production Forum 17th century merchant tall ship in Mediterranean area

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  sergiu nani 17 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • sergiu nani

Dear all,
    Latvian production company Nida Filma currently started the pre-production of third part of low budget feature film “Gulf Stream Under the Iceberg”.
    Events in this part are taking place in 17th century when merchant from Hanseatic harbour is sailing to Middle East. We plan our shootings in late summer this year around Mediterranean.
    For the shootings we are looking for 17th century merchant tall ship (replica) located somewhere in Mediterranean, which could be used for sailing in open sea (~ 35 – 40 m long, with small crew ~ 15 souls). We plan to do the ship scenes in around 5 days. Exact location is not set.
    Any suggestions are welcome – office@nidafilma.lv or +371- 29517530. Thank you in advance.
    Kristians Luhaers
    Producer

Mark Murrell

Good morning Kristian,
    I’m the producer of Strata production in Croatia, and I organize shootings in Croatia. Along our adriatic sea side, it’s probably possible to find some ship and i need to have some reference of the boat to help you. You can reach me on:
    Email: strata@hnd.hr
    Ph: 0033608742341

Dear Kristians,
    My name is Peter from Fresco Film Services in Malaga Spain. In the harbour of Malaga we have the exact replica of the Santisima Trinidad, from the 17th century, which can be hired for all kinds of events and film shoots. Please have a look at our website http://www.frescofilm.com and contact me if you are interested in working together on this project under peter@frescofilm.com. I can then send you pictures of the replica boat that we have on file. In the meantime, check out http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santísima_Trinidad_(navío)
    for more info on the boat.
    Cheers, Peter Welter Soler / Production Manager Fresco Film Services SL

Dear Kristians

The Mediterranean Film Studios in Malta would be able to specifically construct such a vessel for use in their water tanks (www.mfsstudios.com). Should you require any information, or wish to find out what models / replicas they have, send an e-mail to info@mfsstudios.com (attn to Cornelia). For all other information regarding filming in Malta, please refer to our website http://www.mfc.com.mt or contact me with any queries.
    Luisa Bonello, Malta Film Commission

We have a collection of 17/18th century sailing ship models from 4 meters to 11 meters long, this can be dressed to match different periods and styles and the distance shots can be filmed in a tank.

Alternativly we can source sailing ships the world over contact jimd@filmafloat.com for further details.

Hi Kristians,
    Freelance production is locted in Cairo Egypt.
    We would be glad to help you out on project, please send us a reference picture of the sailing boat so we can investigate availibilty.
    Regards
    you contact us on info@flpd.tv
    http://www.flpd.tv

adam ko

I am not sure that there is anything that exactly suits your needs but you could try the ‘Golden Hinde’ in London maybe? Technically she’s eralier than your period, but not a fighting ship and very atmospheric.We do have a skilled team of in-house riggers here who have done extensive work creating replicas of ship rigs for film sets both here and abroad. We also have a number of items that could be suitable for use as props.If you feel that we can be of any assistance please don’t hesitate to contact me at Cutty Sark. Goodluck. Julia Parker E: julia.parker@cuttysark.org.uk

World of Boats up in Scotland have a 18th Century replica topsail schooner that could be easily dressed fr the period, if you can move the shoot to the UK. Contact Classicdetail@zoom.co.uk

Also you can try a sistership that operates out of Genoa called the Pandora. She appeared in one of the early Hornblower productions. contact ‘golettapandora@virgilio.it’

Lucia Turri

If I can be of any assistance please contact me.

Wayne Docksey BSc (Hons) C Biol MI Biol
    ANIMAL MASTER – ACTION CO ORDINATOR.

Tel: +44 7831800567

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]