Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

Forums Pre-Production Forum Apple trees

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Roman Finger 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Roman Finger

Looking for a location where the apple trees have already ripe apples. The shooting in middle of April.

pavel@armadafilms.cz

Hi there, New Zealand apples harvest from feb through to mid/late April. NZ rose and granny smith are the latest to harvest in April.

Here’s a good link with more info: http://www.nzfreshfruits.com/apple-news.html

Feel free to email me for more info

Best
    James
    Flying Fish

Hi Pavel, mid April is peak season for many apple growers – especially in the South Island where cropping is a bit behind the North. Another useful website is ENZA – http://www.enza.co.nz/templates/Enza/pagewide____755.aspx For assistance with your shoot please contact info@bigpictures.co.nz or see http://www.bigpictures.co.nz
    Best of luck, William

Hi Pavel,
    We are a Production Service Company based in Queenstown in the Lower South Island of New Zealand.
    We are surrounded by Orchards with many many Apple Varieties that will be ready for harvest in Mid / Late April.
    If we can be of any assistance please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

Pip Gillings
    Exe Producer
    MAP Productions Ltd
    Queenstown
    New Zealand
    Email

Paul Clausen

Hi Pavel

Well I think you have already established that it is a great time to consider shooting orchards in NZ!

Do let me know if we can be of assistance for some further free research.

Anzak

anzak@joyridefilms.com
    +64 21 857874

HI Pavel,

Thanks for getting in contact. We are production company that specializes in photography. If there is a print element to this shoot, please do get in contact as this is something we can definitely help you. It is coming up to Apple season in New Zealand, so April is a great time to shoot.

Kind Regards,

Rebecca Vaughan – Executive Producer, Our Production Team

Hi Pavel,

The South of France is a major apple growing region and the fruit will still be in season in April.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me for more information.

Xavier Wakefield
    Jake Productions
    xavier@jakeprods.com

Hi Pavel,

South Africa is the perfect location for your shoot. In the Grabouw area 60% of all the apples in Southern Africa are harvested in April.

Please see a TVC we did for our Client Grey Worldwide c/o Centrum about 2 years ago. We shot in April and have all the research is ready for Apple orchards etc.

http://showreel-diamonddogfilms.webs.com/apps/videos/videos/show/10691407-centrum

There are dozens of options here so please do let me know if you are interested in filming in Cape Town/ Grabouw, South Africa?

All the best,

David Brenton-Wakelin
    Executive Producer
    Diamond Dog Films
    Southern, Eastern & Western Africa

+2773 573 8922

Dear Pavel,

Northern Italy is well known in europe for apple production. I know for sure that apples in Italy are harvested in August and in October, depending on the type. I don’t know much more about it, but if Italy could be a good location for you I can easily make a couple of phonecalls to know if we can find apples in mid April.

Just let us know, we’re here to help.

http://www.acfilmworks.com

Hello Pavel,

Do not know if you are still looking for ripe Apple orchards, but in Colombia we have no seasons and have farms and farms of apple trees that are available for production.

The filming incentives are vast, and price of production is much more attractive that most European countries, including South Africa and Argentina.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Virginia Cooney
    vcooney@colombofilms.tv

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]