Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

Forums Pre-Production Forum Delsolate City Look

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Lynne Benzie 17 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Lynne Benzie
    Participant

Hi. I’m looking for a location/s to create an “end-of-the-world” desolate city look for a short film. Basically the place has to look like it could never be re-generated for people to live in. I’ve considered Cuba & Russia but would like to ask for recommendations. Thanks.
    Sarah Hahn (line producer, sarah.h@vimfilm.com)

Hi Sarah,
    our company Mendips Productions (www.themendips.com), has production offices in Cuba and Bulgaria and we think there are plenty of good opportunities in both situations. Let me know more details about the dates you need to shoot and possibly some more details about the location and we will send you references from our 20,000 pictures database and if necessary we will make a quick scouting for you. Please wite me to mario@themendips.com or production@themendips.com or call me at +359-887317699 or +34-610571251. Best. Mario

Hello Sarah,
    Would you be interested in possibilities in Hungary eg ex Soviet Russian city etc, pls contact us with more details: Katalin Krammer k.krammer@strawberryfilms.hu

I think you are looking for somthing like Chernobyl…feel free to contact us.

http://www.radioaktivefilm.com
    darko@radioaktivefilm.com

kiev, ukraine

Dear Sarah,

I would recomend you to see Pripyat – a few kms from Chernobyl. Evacuated city. No people. Radiation is in normal level already.
    You can see clip about this zone here
    http://pripyat.com/media/movie/stalkerClip.avi
    Pripyat starts from 2’42”

Some pictures you can find here:
    http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&q=pripyat&btnG=Search

For more information – you can contact Tetyana Loboda – tetyana@anomaly.com.ua

Best Wishes,
    Dmitry Sukhanov
    Anomaly Film
    Kiev Ukraine
    +38044 494 44 54

Zahra Staub

Hi Sarah ,

Greetings from Brazil.We are making a scout for a featured film in the north of Brazil and I we will have a lot of this kind of locations your looking for. I can send the scout after Christmas.

If you like the idea , please write me to cris@oceanfilms.com.br
    Regards,

Cristian Marini

Hi Sarah!

You should also try the Dominican Republic! Let me know if you think that there is anything that I can do to help. Hurricane George hit here in 1998 and left some areas devasted that due to the economy are still in the same condition.

Hope this helps! Email me if you’d like, I’d love to learn a little more about your project!

Tracey

Lynne Benzie
    Participant

Thank you all for you input.
    I will contact you individually as the project progresses.

Best,
    Sarah

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]