Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

Forums European looking locations in Feb

This topic contains 45 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Eva de Lera 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
  • Eva de Lera

Hello,

I am London based but looking to do a shoot in February in somewhere that needs to emulate Europe in the summer.

I’m thinking SA – unless anyone has any other suggestions?

It’s for a well known clothing brand based on seasons, so we must be able to achieve this.

Thanks!
    Laura

Ciao Laura,
    a possible solution to consider is south of Italy, mainly Sicily or Amalfi coast.
    If you think could be an option I can send you some pics ref.

Best

Riccardo Pintus

riccardo@lisola.net

I prefer you Antalya -TURKEY
    Reasons
    * around 20 degree in February.
    * Turkish Riviera With nice look
    * Budget Friendly

http://www.gateplanet.com/location-scouting/

Contact Details
    Gsm : +90 532 361 1314 (whats up / Viber )
    mail : turanerdinc@gmail.com

Hi Laura,

Canary Islands offer you the weather that you are looking for. We have a lot of experience there, so please, drop us a line to tamim@fixersinspain.com and we´ll be more than happy to help you

Best,

Tamim

Jorge Diaz

Hi Laura

The Canary Islands are perfect for what you´re looking for – They look year round like Europe in the summer. Its an European territory(Spain)but its in front of the coasts of West Africa, so the weather is always nice, 23-26C October till March, 25-28C April till September approx.

Its a lot cheaper then SA(and safer) and the good weather is practically guaranteed, something in SA nobody can do due to the unexpected climate changes, that happen almost daily in SA…FYI

Please let us know if there´s any info we could send you – locations, budgets, prices etc, or simply send us more info about the project(script, synopsis, budget limitations etc) so that we can also send you more info, ok? Here´s some locations of Tenerife for ref: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lwowazk1xcnjkiy/AADaJeP3SeXLwGP-0IY03B0Qa?dl=0

Best regards,

Gadi Cimand, Producer
    Phone | Whatsapp | Viber +34 687 617 400
    http://www.canary-productions.com

Tomo Chana

Kia Ora Laura! As a founder member of the Commonwealth,NEW ZEALAND is the right country for your project.February is summer in NZ.
    The ITALIAN KIWI FILM CONNECTIONZ can help you in this and other projects. We are film consultant services for Italian and New Zealand industry.
    Don’t hesitate to contact me at italiankiwi.filmconnectionz@gmail.com

Kim Bikila
    Managing Director
    ITALIAN KIWI FILM CONNECTIOnz
    Wellington-Auckland- Rome-Milan
    htpp://italian-kiwifilmconnectionz.biz

Tom Howard

Hi Laura would you consider Thailand ? In feb the weather will be nice bright sunny. We have lots of europe looking locations. if you could give me your email i can mail you some ref images.

Thanks
    parthivbkk@gmail.com

Hi Laura,
    February is summer in Montevideo, and it’s doubled Europe several times for advertising films, feature films, and stills.
    Please drop me a line if you want to share your project with us.
    Cheers from Montevideo,
    Daniel Alvarez
    daniel@danielalvarez.co

Filip Zafran

Dear Laura,
    I would like you to consider the new EU member; Croatia – as a filming destination of your choice. The coast has a warm Mediterranean climate and some very interesting urban locations, as per attached. The flight from London lasts 2h with many carriers.

We work more and more frequently with UK productions, which I can offer as references.
    If you have any further questions feel free to contact me.

Kind regards,

Filip Zafran
    Location manager
    cro: +385 95 5511 158
    ger: +49 17 668 17 6363
    e-mail: filip@scoutingcroatia.com

http://www.scoutingcroatia.com

Isabel Gomez

Hi Laura,

We do recommend south Croatia.
    This region has many advantages.
    We mostly service UK and US clients.

Please drop me an email if you would like to receive a quote and location proposals.

Benjamin Begovic – Producer
    benjamin@divisionproductions.com
    http://www.divisionproductions.com

Dear Laura,

We would recommend Greece for your purposes as it enjoys a very sunny and good weather throughout the year and the trip from London is easy and straightforward.

However, South Africa would be a very good option. You can contact us for getting you in touch with a number of very good professionals we have worked with in the past that would be perfect for your needs.

You can see our previous works by following this link : http://needafixer.com/pdf/needafixer-company-profile.pdf

Let me know if I can be of more help by dropping me a line at galateia@needafixer.com

Best,
    Galateia
    http://www.needafixer.com

Hi Laura,
    We are a full service production and equipment rental company based in the Canary Islands. We are regularly providing locations during winter time for northern and eastern European countries, who need places that look like their home in springtime, but without the terrible weather. We have convincing, green countryside with forests, hills and lakes that can double as northern Europe locations. We are just 4 hours away from London and have 20-22ºC during winter, the warmest in Europe.
    We would be happy to help!
    http://www.filmcanaryislands.com
    andy@filmcanaryislands.com

Andy McLeod

Gus Christie

Hi Laura,
    considering locations, logistics, professional crew and production costs, spanish mediterranean coast could be an interesting option for your production; Mallorca, ibiza or Formentera in one hand or valencian or andalucian coast aswell.
    If you consider any of these as an interesting option, please contact me and I send you some reference pics according to your search.
    I am freelance producer with experience in fashion shoots.
    If required, i can send you links of stylists, make up artists and photographers i usually work with and some pics of our latest shootings.
    best regards,
    Gonzalo
    gonzalo@laantena.net

Dear Laura

We would love to service your production. We are well known for being innovative and resourceful in our approach to making sure each production dollar is stretched. Having worked with companies across the global, in everything from TV to Film to Commercials, the teams years of experience lends us to being able to create the right production platform for your project. We are confident we are the best positioned to meet your productions needs. Please send us your direct line and we will get our head of production to get in touch.

You seem to have shot in South Africa before, which parts ? We would love to show you other options in South Africa. Our company has worked in pretty much every part.

I have attached our brochure.

We look forward look hearing from you.

My email is delon@mqfilm.co.za

Best,
    Delon

Hola Laura!

My name is Max Cruz. I’m base in Chile. Chile it has plenty of European looking locations.

Please let me know if you would like us to set up a location presentation for you.

My email is Max@chilefixer.com

Have a lovely evening,
    MC.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]