Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

Forums Pre-Production Forum Location scout required with Global experience

This topic contains 70 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Christopher Blunden 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
  • Author
  • Fabiola CLAZ

Hi, Waldo
    If you’re looking “Nature” locations(& for the most of them, unseen on screen yet), please consider Madagascar as a first choice: from the rain forests, to white sand dunes & beaches through high plateau, bush or “like Colorado” plains, etc… Not urban locations here…
    Note again, i’m a French from Paris where I spent more than 18 years at the Location Department (Scout, Location & Unit Manager). During this years, I’ve also worked in West-Indies, South America & Africa…

Best Regards,

Eric – ZEBU FILMWORKS
    eric.zebu.filmworks(at)gmail.com

Sonica Dahri

Hi Waldo,
    We are professional location/scout manager with a worldwide experience in shooting films and commercials.
    http://www.site4view.com
    I can send you images for recommendations.
    my email is ik@site4view.com
    Best regards,
    Isabelle

Mike Valente

Hello Waldo. I’ve been doing locations for 22 years, in features, commercials and print. I’ve worked in 50 countries and 44 States. If you’d like to see a gallery of my international location scouting, please email me at hutchscout@gmail.com.

Thanks,
    John

Hi Waldo

I am a UK based Location Manager and scout. Although mainly UK based for work, I have travelled in over 40 countries, and done charity work on 3 continents. I have visited many of the worlds great views and would love to chat with you about any ideas for your shoot, plus any logistical requirements you may have.

Very Best

Martin W Walker
    07782 134705

Kokayi Ampah

Dear Waldo,

Sounds like a fascinating project!

I am a location manager and scout based in New York City with twenty-two years of experience on feature films, TV series, TV commercials and stills. I am very familiar with the “intrigues” of shooting in foreign countries. Currently, I am involved in developing, “Sky Over”, a TV series that is closely related to your project. “Sky Over”, will film the world’s most spectacular natural, urban and historical locations from the sky, country by country. Please go to http://www.skyoverproductions.com

As a location manager, it’s anticipate and organize. As a location scout, it’s find the location, then go get the shots. Of equal importance for a scout, if not greater, is the ability to actually get the location. I take pride in my ability to talk my way into and secure a location – even those locations where, normally, no filming or photography is allowed.

I am also an artist. I am familiar with all of the creative fields. So, I am very sensitive to the needs of directors, photographers and other creatives. I have been to the tops of mountains, the tops of the tallest skyscrapers, the bowels of sewers, the darkest of jungles and the depths of the oceans. I have lived and worked in many countries. In addition to English, I speak Spanish, a smattering of German and a dollop of Mayan, (yes, Mayan – it’s a long story!). I look forward to hearing from you.

Best, John Norwood

Mobile 001-917-509-4500
    Email thenorbits@aol.com

Chris Tangey

Hi Waldo:

Your project sounds great. I have scouted both internationally and nationally, looking for dynamic vantage points of towns and cities and breathtaking landscapes. I have scouted for commercials, features and print for over 20 years in North, Central and South America, Asia and Europe.

I would love to discuss your project with you and send you a resume.

Please feel free to contact me:

Barbara Miller
    barbara@millerlocations.com
    http://www.millerlocations.com/photography

Peter Keydel

A location manager / fixer with 12 years experiences in particular cities as Mumbai.,Bangkok.,Kuala Lumpur.,Shanghai.,Tokyo Especially for all the photographic productions. Pls get in contact to aapromozione@gmail.com
    cheers….Andy

Alex Cox

Waldo , They say that between Australia and New Zealand you can find any location in the world. I beg to differ I think you should also include the nearby Pacific Islands. I have the high-end experience and locations you have requested but would rather not have the job at all than spread my intellectual property all over the web, especially amongst by key competitors! Do you think we’re crazy? Be keen to talk privately,regards, Chris.

Mike Valente

Hello again Waldo. I didn’t notice at first that I could post images here. Here are photos of me scouting in Jordan, the Yukon, China and lastly a shot of my home town.

I’ve scouted and managed for Intel and Budweiser in China, for IBM in Senegal, Canada & Australia, for Credit Suisse in Jordan, Vietnam, Hong Kong & New Zealand, for Rolex in Costa Rica, for SBC Communications in Thailand & Tunisia, for Bacardi in Trinidad & Tobago, St. Kitts & Nevis, and the British Virgin Islands, for Royal Caribbean in Grenada and Haiti, for Price Waterhouse Coopers in Indonesia, for UPS in Vietnam, for Chevrolet in Tunisia, for Tommy Hilfiger in the Yukon, for the Swiss Bank Corporation in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Hong Kong, England, France & Argentina, for Levis in Thailand, and the list goes on & on.

If you’d like to see international location scouting images, you can contact me at hutchscout@gmail.com.

Hugo Cran

Waldo Hi,

I have been a Location Scout/Manager for Features, Television, Commercials and Print for over 20 years. I have experience scouting both in the US and abroad. Additionally I shoot Architectural Photography which gives me an eye for the kind of sites you may be looking for. Please take a look at my website. I would be happy to pass along my resume.

Nancy Lazarus
    011-310-207-9878
    http://lazaruslocations.com

Hello Waldo,
    My name is Frans van den Bemd – I have worked with crazy directors and photographers since 1991 http://www.mapito.nl
    Scouting many skylines in major cities all over the world.

Over the past 19 years I have handled photographic shoots and film, and have been scouting locations in the following countries:
    Ukraine, Brazil, China (Peking, Shanghai, Shenzehn), Hong Kong, Australia, Czech Republic, Philippines, Malaysia, Borneo, Egypt, Sweden, Luxembourg, Singapore, Andorra, Finland, Maroc, South Africa, Austria, France, Mexico, Spain, Aruba, Germany, Monaco, Swaziland, Gran Canarias Islands, Namib, Switserland, Belgium, Israel, Netherlands, Thailand, Bonaire, Indonesia, New Zealand, Tunesia, Cambodia, Italy, Norway, Turkey, Ireland, Poland, United Kingdom, Cape Verde, Japan, Puerto Rico, Curacao, Kenya, Scotland, USA, (Arizona, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Montana, Texas, NYC, Georgia, Louisiana, Nevada).

Enjoy some moods; http://www.mapito.nl/index.php/portfolio/moodboards

I would be more than happy so create a moodboard for your skyline project.

Tien Pasco

Hello Waldo,
    Australian based, global Location manager / Production manager.
    24 years experience in Feature Films, TV and TVC’s.
    Have worked in Kenya,USA,Thailand, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Vanuatu, Fiji, Papua New Guinea,every state in Australia.
    Keen and available….
    for more information and CV, please contact
    mikemclean@onthenet.com.au

Regards….Mike McLean

Shari Weber

Hi,

filmed in 46 countries and 347 cities around the world. Worked in all genres of the industry incl.
    feature film (Michael Haneke, Oliver Hirschbiegel)
    and corporate films (Siemens, Swarovski).

Feel free to contact us anytime: http://www.magictouchfilms.com

Kind regards,

Wolfgang Knoepfler

Hi Waldo,

The Himalayas should be one of your 6 locations. There are many breath taking views in the Himalayas. Please get back to us and we can send you photos.

Ram
    http://www.filminnepal.com

Hi Guys,

thanks so much for the repsonses they have beem a great help. We have now selected a scout from the list but will keep all your contact details on record for future projects.

All the best,

Waldo

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]