Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

Forums Pre-Production Forum Location scout worldwide city experience

This topic contains 38 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  John Norwood 14 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
  • John Norwood

Looking for a location scout with experience scouting cities around the world. Have you scouted major and minor cities around the world, looking for the newest skyline or angle? We need you for a large project for a global tech company featuring 5-10 cool cities.

I’m interested in this position.my no is 07787160121 my name is nigel toussaint

Here is you man; Frans van den Bemd – I have worked with crazy directors and photographers since 1991 http://www.mapito.nl

Over the past 19 years I have handled photographic shoots and film, and have been scouting locations in the following countries:
    Ukraine, Brazil, China (Peking, Shanghai, Shenzehn), Hong Kong, Australia, Czech Republic, Philippines, Malaysia, Borneo, Egypt, Sweden, Luxembourg, Singapore, Andorra, Finland, Maroc, South Africa, Austria, France, Mexico, Spain, Aruba, Germany, Monaco, Swaziland, Gran Canarias Islands, Namib, Switserland, Belgium, Israel, Netherlands, Thailand, Bonaire, Indonesia, New Zealand, Tunesia, Cambodia, Italy, Norway, Turkey, Ireland, Poland, United Kingdom, Cape Verde, Japan, Puerto Rico, Curacao, Kenya, Scotland, USA, (Arizona, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Montana, Texas, NYC, Georgia, Louisiana, Nevada).

Enjoy some moods; http://www.mapito.nl/index.php/portfolio/moodboards

Hope we can do business in the near future.
    Kind regards Frans.

I am a location manager based in Kenya, with a background of having worked as an Assistant Director and a Casting Director in various productions. I am 42 yrs and have been in the filming industry for 18 years. I speak and understand English, Swahili, Luo, Kikuyu , Kamba.

I have worked with some of the finest in the industry and pride myself on being able to demonstrate a natural talent with dynamic approach to the world of entertainment with a rich blend of experience in features, documentary and television commercial.

I have earned a reputation amongst management and peers from various production houses, local and foreign producers, as an individual who delivers on time and maintains it, affordably and reasonably.

When thta time comes, l can cover for you East africa

Tony rimwah
    trimwah@yahoo.co.uk
    +254722718425.

Jane Soans

Ms. Nordstrom,

My name is Kokayi Ampah I have been Location Manager for over 30 years. I have served as Supervising Location Mgr. on over 30 feature films throughout the United States, Caribean and Iceland. I have done extensive scouting in Dubai, Jordan and Budapest.
    My resume is attached and I am very interested in this position.
    I can be reached at O01 310.710.9322.

Thank you,

Kokayi

Resume attached

Chris Tangey

Hi Linda:

Your project sounds very interesting. I have scouted both internationally and nationally, looking for dynamic vantage points of towns and cities and dramatic landscapes. I have scouted for commercials, features and print for over 20 years in North, Central and South America, Asia and Europe.

I would love to discuss your project with you and send you my resume if it didn’t attach properly here. Note therein a link to a sample of my work.

Please feel free to contact me:
    Barbara Miller
    barbara@millerlocations.com

Peter Keydel

A location manager/scout/fixer with 12 years experiences for films and photographic productions in particular cities as Mumbai.,Bangkok.,Kuala Lumpur.,Shanghai.,Hongkong and Tokyo.
    email:aapromozione@gmail.com Andy

paul howard

Hi Linda

I am very interested in the position offered. I am based in London, UK and have been working as a Location Manager for the last twenty years on feature films, dramas, documentaries and music videos. I am experienced in scouting for locations abroad and in organising and managing the shoots once scouted. I am extremely well-travelled, and have visited many of what may be considered the major “cool” cities of the world. I have a keen eye for the correct location once briefed, and am passionate about getting the very best possible result for the Production. Please email me for further details or a CV should you be interested. I am very enthusiastic for this position and am available immediately. Alex Cox +44 7973 141845/ +44 1865 400624 foster.alexandercox@virgin.net

Hi Linda

If you would like my Client list I would be happy to email it to you. I’ve recced and shot all over the world
    (never done Rio but I’m sure you’ve seen that top shot once or twice) I have very good production links in africa asia europe and the north and south america.

regards Paul Howard

Hello,

I have been a location scout and manager for over 20yrs for Feature Films, commercials, television and print. I have worked and traveled extensively in over 40 countries, in particular South East Asia and China.

I am extremely interested in this project and am available immediately if needed. I am currently based in NYC.

I can be contacted via email: tibisch@gmail.com or mobile
    (001) 917-822-2489.

Best,

Tibi

Have the aesthetic eye, international experience, and knowledge of world architecture to help you find what you need. http://www.locationcompass.com/demo/ for some samples. Contact me directly for resume.

Steve Beimler, Location Scout / Mgr.
    locationcompass@sbcglobal.net
    (310) 877-3032 (Los Angeles, CA area)

Fluent in Spanish and English, conversational level Japanese.

Hugo Cran

Linda Hi,

I have been a Location Scout/Manager for Features, Television, Commercials and Print for over 20 years. I have experience scouting both in the US and abroad. Additionally I shoot Architectural Photography which gives me an eye for the kind of sites you may be looking for. Please take a look at my website. I would be happy to pass along my resume.

Nancy Lazarus
    011-310-207-9878
    http://lazaruslocations.com

Hi Linda

I’m a Pom living in Melbourne Australia, with experience producing factual TV for the BBC, Australian networks and leading production houses – so have scouted locations across Australia.

There are some great cityscapes(not always so obvious) that are ripe for broadcast here.

Would love to know more: my web: http://www.cproductions.com.au

Hi Linda

I’m a Pom living in Melbourne Australia, with experience producing factual TV for the BBC, Australian networks and leading production houses – so have scouted locations across Australia.

There are some great cityscapes(not always so obvious) that are ripe for broadcast here.

Hi Linda

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]