Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

Forums Pre-Production Forum LOOKING TO SHOOT IN A BEACH DECEMBER

This topic contains 30 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Wright 15 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
  • Hi all, Location in Thailand is ideal, Krabi has mountains that grace the coastline and some island also available (Nok or Hong – both National Parks) may interest you. Ease of filming, permissions no issue. There are also areas around Phuket, Phi Phi Island and Samui. One of the nicest is Koh Chang (5 hours East of Bangkok) with mountains, white sand and inexpensive accommodation. All crew are English speaking and huge experience in all from stills to multi million dollar features. Check out the website – http://www.locationthailand.com. It is also winter and temperatures drop to 32 Centigrade and clear blue skies. Rain is finished in monsson season (April-November). You can guess the rest. Contact me at ric@locationthailand.com

Marcio Lemos

Hi Andrea !!

Brazil has 8.000 coast line and thousands of islands.In December is summer for us
    Please, do not hesitate in contact us and we will send location references.
    Follow please contact e-mail addresses.
    cris@oceanfilms.com.br
    roni@oceanfilms.com.br
    zahra@oceanfilms.com.br
    Kindly regards
    Sebastian

Hello Andrea:
    We propose Costa Rica. You will find the right combination of perfect locations -a lot of different looks- logistics, world class crew and reasonable costs.
    Our latest credits includes GATORADE Maria Sarapova’s campaign, now airing worldwide. Please visit us at http://www.redcreek.info
    Rafael
    rafael@redcreek.info

Aloha!

Hawaii has some pretty amazing places and I know of a Secret Island that is very production friendly. If you’ve seen LOST, you’ve seen a few of the production locations available. And with 5 major islands, there are litterally hundreds more. We’ve got 4 of the top 10 beaches in the world according to the Travel Channel.

Let me know if you need more assistance and I can get you in contact with the right people.

Mahalo,

Vince Keala Lucero
    Co Creative

gary hayes

Hello Andrea!
    The Dominican Republic is the place for your production, we have some of the world most beautiful beaches and an A-1 crew with plenty of experiences, try us and you won’t have any regret.

be well

Fernando E. Medina
    Line Producer
    (809) 481-6136
    del.patio@gmail.com

David Fox

Hi Andrea,
    I think you might find that Malaysia is an great option for you. There are so many island options for you here on both the east and west coasts of the country. If you would like us to set up a page of photos for you to look at, I’d be happy to set it up for you.
    Just drop me an email at bill@biscuitfilms.com and I will send you instruction on how to view the photos.
    If you need to contact me directly, please feel free to call me at: +6012-336-8558. All the best.
    Bill. Biscuit Films, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.

Ivan Entel

Bali or one of our 17,000 plus surrounding islands with beaches made up of white, gold, black or pink sand.
    Bali Film Center
    contact@BALIFILM.com

Ric Lawes

Hi Andrea –

Well, you have had so many amazing replies! The truth is that there are beaches all over the world that would work for your commercial. However, the most important factors are usually 1) cost and, 2) your trust of the local production service company. It’s just so hard to know who is who. In any case, I’m sure you know all that already.

We are in Thailand where the costs are still low and the filming infrastructure is strong. I would recommend using a beach on the mainland that appears to look like an island. We could always shoot on a real island, but the added logistics add cost, which depending on your storyboards, may not be necessary. We’d be happy to put a budget together and explore the feasibility of shooting in Thailand. Let us know. Also, we could supply a list of producers we’ve worked with so that you can talk to someone who knows our transparent style.

chris@livingfilms.com http://www.livingfilms.com

Hi Andrea! I´m Caroline from Zeppelin Film Brazil. We have various beaches around here which would perfectly suit your request according to your description. Like we are in Brazil the weather wouldn´t be a problem either.
    If you like I can send u some location references – please let me know: carolineh@zeppelin.com.br – looking forward hearing from you! Caroline

Hi Andrea

If you want white sandy beaches and mainland access with ‘island’ look, I shot a film 2005 in Thailand with exactly that prerequisite and able to lock off the location from the public Monday thru Fridays. I used another location for a TVC in 2007 which I can also send you. Both locations afford the most amazing sunsets. I have recently shot a similar situation with small private access and white sandy beaches with inexpensive location costs just off the mainland of Thailand and an hour from an international airport. The looks vary on the topography from palm trees to birch trees, soaring cliffs and island knolls. Looking forward to hearing from you. Have a look at the picture gallery on my website, http://www.locationthailand.com, http://www.filmthailand.net or contact me directly on ric@locationthailand.com.

Hi Andrea,

We can organize your entire shoot for you. We have several locations like the one you’re looking for. If you like you can email me direct and i will forward you pictures of several possible locations. juno@phqasia.com
    Regards,
    Juno

Tony Basile

Hi Andrea. I am Daven from Salon Films Malaysia.Sea with crystal clear waters and beautiul beaches are very pure without any pollutions in Malaysia,In fact we have the most beautiful beaches in the world. we have many options for you.Please feel free to contact me web: skype:daven.r
    devan@salonmedia.com
    http://www.salonmalaysia.com

Jon Stubbs

hi, andrea

i shot on exact location you´re looking for in Thailand. send me an email and i can give you more details and some photos ondrejberanek@punkfilm.cz

Hi, What has happened to this project? I have submit locations from Sri Lanka but never heard from the original post. We would like to hear at least that you saying “We have selected some other Country for the project and thanks for your time.” This is pretty sad, we might loose interest on replying and acting to these request in near future.

Regards,
    Priyanga T. Kumarasiri,
    Sri Lanka.

Hello everybody
    Thanks for all your porpositions.
    The option of a beach is out.
    So thanks again!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]