Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

Forums Re building Venice

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Toni Martínez 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • We are presently looking for a location to rebuild Venice. as the Luxembourg set no longer exists. see link, https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1l3affjlegfwtb4/qRT8CTlsN9
    Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated

David Cherrill
    Line Producer – PGGB
    “The Violin”

Dear David,
    how large does the whole area need to be and what kind of infrastructure is needed?
    how long will the area be occupied?
    Kind regards
    Annette

What about South West Film Studios in St Agnes. They’re no longer used and have the basic infrastructure, making it easier to set up and stay long-term.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_West_Film_Studios

bucur oana

Hi David,

The original set of Venice in Luxembourg was designed by Serbian production designer Miljen Kreka Kljakovic, and the construction and works were largely done by Serbian construction crew. So, I think the best choice for new construction of this set could be Serbia.
    Please email me at milica@filminserbia.com and we can discuss it in more details.

Milica
    Serbia Film Commission

Alex Jones

Dear David,

i am writing you from Habana , Cuba and we have a great town called Matanzas 1hrs east of Habana where you can find many rivers inside the city and Buildings constructed close to the river as well . I will attach some reference pics . We have a very talented ArtDepartment
    here as well and we are very cost effective as well so if you think that cuba could be an option for you please feel free to contact me at any time .

best regards

Frank Vervoorst
    frank@buenavistafilmscuba.com
    Buenavistafilms S.A.
    +535 2645290

Andy Ross

Hello David.

Greetings from Pula. Pula is the largest city in the region of Istria in Croatia, with a rich history. Nearby Pula has several good areas that might suit your needs. You may be interested in the fact that Pula and its surroundings has several authentic buildings from the Venetian era, considering that Pula was under the administration of the Venice, and they could serve as a scene. These are some pictures of authentic buildings. If you find this interesting, please feel free to contact me for more information and photos on info@istrafilmlocations.com , or my private mail, mmedic7@gmail.com

All the best wishes,

Mladen Medić
    Istra Film Locations
    http://www.istrafilmlocations.com
    info@istrafilmlocations.com
    Pula, Croatia

Hi David ,

please send us more infos and we for sure can help you !

cheers best ben

ben lohmer exec.producer
    +34 655 201 823 mobil

tpe spain@benpictures sl

poligono 14 | parcela 78
    07350 binissalem | mallorca/spain
    apartado260
    t. +34.971.093029

office barcelona
    rambla de catalunya, 38
    8a planta
    08007 barcelona
    t.+34 93 547 82 06

mail to: ben@the-producers-europe.com
    http://www.the-producers-europe.com

Mirek Wozniak
    Participant

Hello David. I don’t know detaily what and how do you want to rebuild, but my first idea was, that you need search location in Venezia style and very close to the water, with little bridges, which everybody keep in mind as a Venezia symbol. I attached several images from Poland, which can help, i hope. My name is Mirek, i’m production manager and producer from over 25 years experience. Mail: mirek@pzpr.com.pl, mob.: + 48 502 52 16 16, office +48 22 208 34 88. Best regards, Mirek.

Mirek Wozniak
    Participant

Here are another images of the same location. Mirek.

Mirek Wozniak
    Participant

Here is another location. So i send 12 images from 2 locations. Mirek.

Try Amsterdam we are called the Venice of northern Europe.
    If you want we can support your production here.

Kind regards Franck Hakkert
    http://www.locationbank.com

Lucy Verity

Hi David,

Portugal has a perfect solution. Please send me your e-mail address and I can send you more pictures.

Kind regards,

Frits (Soulkitchen Productions Portugal)

Lucy Verity

Hi David,

Next to the pictures that I have send you of a city in Portugal that is called little Venice we also have lagoons in the Algarve where it’s very easy to work and the infra structure is perfect. Further the Algarve has the best weather conditions of whole Europe and Portugal is still not to expensive. Kind regards,

Frits.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]