Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

Forums Pre-Production Forum Winter without snow in Europe

This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Cathrine Klem 16 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
  • simon fenton

Dear Dennis,

This is Cristina Manolescu from Top Cut Productions in Athens, Greece. As we experience snowless winters down here with mild temperatures resembling Central European autumn I believe we can undertake the service for you production. Please have a look at our showreel at http://www.topcut.tv for references and feel free to mail me a quote request at cristina@topcut.tv.
    Kind Regards,
    Cristina

Hi Denis, I work for the Irish Film Board. Here in Ireland, the dominant influence on the climate is the Atlantic Ocean. Consequently, Ireland does not suffer from the extremes of temperature experienced by many other countries at similar latitude so the chance of snow in December is very slim. Please see our website http://www.irishfilmboard.ie for information on various locations and studio facilities throughout the country. I would be more than happy to help you with any queries or questions you may have, just email me suzanne.murray@irishfilmboard.ie.

Dear Denis, we would be very happy to provide you with production support for your job. We are based at Ardmore Studios just outside Dublin in Ireland and experience very mild winters. Ardmore Studios is based in Wicklow – the Garden of Ireland. We regularly provide production support for international companies. Our website is: http://www.zanitafilms.com or you can email me at: seamus@zanita.ie and tel: +353 1 2769541

Hello Dennis,
    A possibility for you would be Athens, with its very mild winters. Please feel free to email me at eleni@greenolivefilms.gr with your location and production specs or any other questions!
    All the best,
    Eleni Barbayianni
    Green Olive Films Athens

Italia should be a right place for your shooting. From the north to the south we have many different weather situations. If you tell me which kind of locations you are looking for, I could immediately supply with some photos.
    Best regards
    Michele Colombo +393356342113
    colombo@showwork.com

Italia should be a right place for your shooting. From the north to the south we have many different weather situations. If you tell me which kind of locations you are looking for, I could immediately supply with some photos.
    Best regards
    Michele Colombo +393356342113
    colombo@showwork.com

Hi Dennis, this is Andreas from Queen of Spade Production Services.Greece or Cyprus can offer the look you are looking to capture. We produce in both countries and I already have some great ideas/proposals for your shoot. Please do not hesitate to send me some visual reference via email at andreas@queenproduction.com and I can start proposing locations and ideas for your shoot. Kind regards, Andreas.

Dear Dennis,

Cinegram SA Location Department offers a broad database of locations managed by our highly experienced location managers. A small part of this archive is on http://www.cinegram.gr and I can send you location reference pictures based on the shooting board. Cinegram SA is one of the biggest production companies in Greece and has provided production support for many films and tvc’s. Vicky Vellopoulou, Cinegram SA, v.vellopoulou@cinegram.gr, +30 6934 909266

Dear Denis

let’s try south of France

feel free to contact us

jcr@loukafilms.com
    best regards

jean christophe

Sharon L

hi Denis,
    In israel the winter is very dry and i guess you will see that the look of nature is simillar to what you are searching. (and we do not have any vacation in December:)

Best,
    Meirav
    meirav@ooops-agency.com

Liana Jaqeli

Hi Denis, I can offer full production support in Georgia. The wether is fine , no snow. Contact me at iraklion_geo@yahoo.com
    Irakli

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]